To become a member of the Newport News Police Pipes & Drums you must be a civic minded individual who is committed to helping the law enforcement, firefighter and first responder community in a very unique way.
- You must be committed to practicing and learning.
- You must provide for yourself a practice chanter (bagpipers) or drums sticks and practice pad (drummers).
- You must provide for any instructional material as requested by your instructor.
- You do not have to be a Newport News police officer to join.
- The band currently has active and retired police officers, sheriff's deputies, firefighters, retired military, officers of the court, and those citizens who want to serve the greater good in a very unique way.
- You will be expected to make practices and when ready, performances.
- For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free bagpipe or drumming instruction.
- Members are provided a uniform/kit.
- Tuition to the The National Piping Center or the North American Academy of Piping & Drumming.
- The satisfaction gained by helping the friends and families of fallen first responders.
- A chance to belong to and be a part of a tradition of pipe bands that serve those who serve us.
- The comraderie that is gained with being with like minded individuals who celebrate life and who "Honor the Fallen".